Welcome to the Home of the UASV
For more information about customizing your site check out uasvbible.org
Our primary purpose is to give the Bible readers what God said by way of his human authors, not what a translator thinks God meant in its place.—Truth Matters!
Our primary goal is to be accurate and faithful to the original text. The meaning of a word is the responsibility of the interpreter (i.e., reader), not the translator.—Translating Truth!
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Removing the Outdated
- Passages with the Old English “thee’s” and “thou’s” etc. have been replaced with modern English.
- Many words and phrases that were extremely ambiguous or easily misunderstood since the 1901 ASV have been updated according to the best lexicons.
- Verses with difficult word order or vocabulary have been translated into correct English grammar and syntax, for easier reading. However, if the word order of the original conveyed meaning, it was kept.
- The last 110+ years have seen the discovering of far more manuscripts, especially the papyri, with many manuscripts dating within 100 years of the originals.
- While making more accurate translation choices, we have stayed true to the literal translation philosophy of the ASV, while other literal translations abandon the philosophy far too often.
- The translator seeks to render the Scriptures accurately, without losing what the Bible author penned by changing what the author wrote, by distorting or embellishing through imposing what the translator believes the author meant into the original text.
- Accuracy in Bible translation is being faithful to what the original author wrote (the words that he used), as opposed to going beyond into the meaning, trying to determine what the author meant by his words. The latter is the reader’s job.
- The translator uses the most reliable, accurate critical texts (e.g., WH, NA, UBS, BHS, as well as the original language texts, versions, and other sources that will help him to determine the original reading.
Why the Need for Updated Translations?
- New manuscript discoveries
- Changes in the language
- A better understanding of the original languages
- Improved insight into Bible translation
The New Website is up and running. We used to be with another hosting company for years. We have added all the books done so far. We only have the following books to complete before the Bible is done. (Job, Psalm, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel) The book of job is halfway finished. When you visit the website, you will notice much more than the Bible. Our intention is not only to give you the best, most accurate, literal Bible translation but many other features that are all about the Bible.
- OT & NT Manuscripts
- OT & NT Textual Commentaries
- OT & NT Interlinears
- OT % NT Bible Difficulties
- OT & NT Translation Issues
- Bible Translation Differences
- How the Bible Came Down to Us
- And Much More Eventually
When an opportunity presents itself, please share on social media and by word of mouth. This is 16 years of hard work that is coming to a new beginning as it gets published. Thanks!
EDWARD D. ANDREWS (AS in Criminal Justice, BS in Religion, MA in Biblical Studies, and MDiv in Theology) is CEO and President of Christian Publishing House. He has authored over 160+ books. In addition, Andrews is the Chief Translator of the Updated American Standard Version (UASV).